Sunday, October 14, 2007

Today was our last duathlon for the series. I just wanted to say thank you for coming. We had a great day. The weather was perfect for racing. I hope everyone enjoyed the event. I have wonderful friends and family that come out to volunteer. We could never put on events without them. We had great sponsors too, Scheller's and Apex have been the best! Great Harvest Bread and Papa John's provided food, which I was very thankful for. Most of all I am happy for all the racers that came. If anyone has any suggestions please send me an e-mail. I hope to see the races grow in all ways. Todd and I our now thinking about the race schedule for next year so if send me your ideas. Any ideas on sponsorships would be great. I have a hard time with this. I am just learning about it.

Otter Creek Marathon is in December if you are looking for a new challenge. I love this trail and I love this marathon. There is an 8 and 16 mile run as well. Since it is in December there may be snow and it will be cold. This is my passion, trail running. I love being in the woods and running with my dogs. There is a peacefulness there. There is hot soup afterwards which is worth running for. This is a great trail to start trail running on. Try it and if you like it there is Love'n the Hills in Feb. 2008.

Have a great day.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Hi Cynthia
I was reading about the Otter Creek Marathon and happened across your blog and thought I write. I've always admired your running for a long time, way back when McNealy Lake was still going on. You seemed tireless. Then I read about all the Ultras you've done and became kind of a fan.
Anyway...here's my question. I've ran lots of marathons and the Kentucky 50, but I've never ran a trail marathon. I did a half up in French Lick and hated it. Trails were not marked, we got lost, there were briars and we climbed up a hill on our hands and knees. How are the trails in Otter Creek? Is it alot harder to run 26 on a trail compared to road? If you haven't trained on the trails is it a bad idea to just go jump in and run that far on them? Like I said, I got kind of sick in the Louisville and finshed feeling like I'd been hit by a truck. Obcessive runner that I am, I need to go challenge myself again and feel a bit successful. I've talked to Brenda Guttman about trail running often and she says it's "the best". Look forward to hearing from you. Maybe we could get to know each other a bit.

Headfirst Performance said...

sorry i never responded to your question. i never actually knew i had any comments. otter creek is over but jefferson memorial forest is feb 16, let's see. yes it is harder to run a trail marathon than the roads. i would go to jeff forest and run a few miles to see what you think. it is the best!!! the scenery is always a plus. it is quite and peaceful. if you would like to join us some weekend we would love to have you come. i often run with brenda and kim on the trails. it is an experience you will be glad you had.
happy running!!!
cynthia